Network Connection Technologies
Celter Technologies believes in the "Ground Up" philosophy. We take networks very seriously. Scalability is one of the key factors. Having the ability to add and remove computers from a network is a must. Especially in Alberta where the economy is on a rollercoaster ride. Celter Technologies will make sure that your IT needs will accommodate the workforce that is behind them.
One way to categorize the different types of computer network designs is by their scope or scale. For historical reasons, the networking industry refers to nearly every type of design as some kind of area network. Common examples of area network types are:
- LAN - Local Area Network
- WLAN - Wireless Local Area Network
- WAN - Wide Area Network
- MAN - Metropolitan Area Network
- SAN - Storage Area Network, System Area Network, Server Area Network, or sometimes Small Area Network
- CAN - Campus Area Network, Controller Area Network, or sometimes Cluster Area Network
- PAN - Personal Area Network
- DAN - Desk Area Network
LAN and WAN were the original categories of area networks, while the others have gradually emerged over many years of technology evolution. Let us discuss a network design strategy for your business for today and of course, tomorrow...